・Prof. E. Hume will be giving a talk
on June 14th, 2016. (updated on Jun 8, 2016)
・Takako Igeta and Emi Yanagisawa obtained PhD. (updated on May 25, 2016)
・Prof. Arai supervised experiments for a NHK TV program for children
. (updated on Jan. 15, 2016)
・Prof. Arai's lectures received "Good Practice Award" from Sophia Univ.
(updated on Jan. 15, 2016)
・Prof. Arai's Vocal-trac Models had been exhibited at Tachnorama in Swtizerland. Go to Sophia University's website
for further details. (updated on Jan. 15, 2016)
・Prof. Arai supervised demonstrations of "Onsei to Kotoba no Fushigi (Wonders of Voice and Laugugage)" for kids at Nihon Univ.
(updated on Jan. 4, 2015)
Lab collaborated in an educational exibition of acoustics called "Science Square"
(only Japanese available) at the
National Museum of Nature and Science. (updated on Jan. 4, 2015)
・Emi Yanagisawa's defense for the doctoral degree
is scheduled on Jan. 9th, 2016. (updated on Dec. 28, 2015)
・Takako Igeta's defense for the doctoral degree
is scheduled on Jan. 8th, 2016. (updated on Dec. 28, 2015)
・Dr. Jason Shaw will be giving a talk
on Dec. 14, 2015. (updated on Dec. 28, 2015)
What's New (Continued...)
The series of events involved in
speech communication is called “Speech Chain,” and it is a basic
concept in the speech and hearing sciences. We focus on research
related to speech communication. The fields of this research are
wide-ranging, and our interests include the following interdisciplinary
- education in acoustics (e.g., physical models of human vocal tract),
- acoustic phonetics,
- speech and hearing sciences,
- speech production,
- speech analysis and speech synthesis,
- speech signal processing (e.g., speech enhancement),
- speech / language recognition and spoken language processing,
- speech perception and psychoacoustics,
- acoustics for speech disorders,
- speech processing for hearing impaired,
- speaker characteristics in speech, and
- real-time signal processing using DSP processors.
Takayuki ARAI, Ph.D.
Dept. of Information and Communication Sciences
7-1 Kioi-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 102-8554 JAPAN